#11 Laïla von Alvensleben, Part 2
How to shift to remote work in the unlikely event of a global pandemic with Laïla von Alvensleben, Head of Culture and Collaboration at MURAL, a digital workspace for visual collaboration.
Last week I sat down with Laïla von Alvensleben to talk about how to shift to remote work in the unlikely event of a global pandemic 🙄🦠
Laïla is the Head of Culture and Collaboration at MURAL, a digital workspace for visual collaboration. She manages a distributed team of over 140 people across multiple continents and time zones. She is a champion for the “remote first” approach to collaboration, empowering MURAL’s rapidly growing team to successfully work from anywhere.
Laïla’s background is in UX design, having worked on digital product design at Hanno and educational workshops at Hyper Island. She helped create the Remote Starter Kit and is one of the first members of the Remote Work Association, a network that organizes online events to promote location-independent jobs.
Laïla and I talked about:
- Why remote work now (during the Coronavirus global pandemic) is not what remote work is all about (hint: no screaming kids during that zoom call with your team 🚸)
- How do you build and nurture the right culture in a globally distributed team ❤️
- What is the geopolitical situation in the South of Switzerland 🇨🇭
Good news (for a change…) 📣
In response to COVID-19, MURAL is now free to all new members for the first 90 days. You simply sign up for a free trial and look for the customer service chatbot in your MURAL app dashboard. You can chat with Mural there and they will take care of it for you.
If you are an educator or student, you can sign up for a free membership today at https://mural.co/education.
MURAL *just* launched their new Suddenly Remote landing page, featuring:
- Their Remote Work Resiliency Plan, which anyone can use to deploy a durable remote work culture.
- Their #SuddenlyRemote webinars featuring remote collaboration experts Mark Tippin and Hailey Temple. There will be a weekly cadence of new content there, including announcements about additional webinars.
- Remote work resources, tools, tips and guides from MURAL and their partners.
- Their free ebook “Facilitating Remote Workshops” which summarizes years of research and observations of best practices in one handy guide.
So, go check it out!
Head of Culture and Collaboration at Mural
Don't want to miss out? 🤔
Sign up now and get an email when the next episode drops.